Monday, February 16, 2015

Fuji XT-1 Vintage Lens Adapters

There are a plethora of different lens adapters available for Fuji X series cameras.
The following picture shows some of mine, you'll also notice the "Quick Release" tripod adapter, sometimes called an "L" bracket.

All of the these fittings except the L bracket were purchased for under $A20.00 from Chinese suppliers selling on "Ebay" 
The quality of the "CNC" machining is very high, in fact close to perfect, as is the finish.
The only issue is the bayonet part that suits the vintage lens, this does seem to vary in quality, so pay a little extra for this type. I have one labeled "Kiwi Fotos" for my Pentax K lenses it's very well made throughout. The one in this picture is not as good, but works fine.

The "M42" thread adapter is spot on for most M42 lenses. Big note though some lenses and the Takumar 50mm f1.4 would be one of them, bottom out on the adapter before reaching infinity. I solved this by "turning" away some of the flange that follows the threads, easy for me as I have a lathe.
With this adapter you can loosen three Hex screws and rotate the threaded section so the lens lines up properly, which is nice.

The L mount bracket fits perfectly no complaints at all.




1 comment:

Czarina Maye said...

Hey Noji!

I was thinking of purchasing this vintage Fujinon 50mm F1.9 over eBay AU but not exactly sure what kind of adaptor I need to get so I can use it for my X-T1. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Czarina