Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Pentax SMC K 28mm f3.5 Lens Review

The Pentax K 28mm f3.5 Wide Angle lens is quite rare, you don't see too many coming up on Ebay.
It is very well received by most reviewers and some believe it to be one of the best lenses Pentax ever made, not sure if I agree, still a very good lens.


SMC Pentax 28mm F3.5

I had, and sold the M version of this lens. The optical formula is different for the two lenses but I have to say that I couldn't see a lot of difference in images that I took. I suppose with lenses, it all about how hard you look and what you're looking for. I kept this one, and it certainly is the rarer of the two.
As with all the Pentax lenses I have, or have had, the build quality is excellent, with very smooth focus. It's quite heavy, but feels very nice in use. This lens is of course "Super Multi Coated" resulting in better transmission of light.


  • Focal Length:     28mm
  • Aperture:            f3.5 thru f22 in half stops up to f16 5 blades
  • Focus Throw:     50 degrees approx
  • Min Focu:           30cm
  • Filter Treads:      52mm
  • Weight:               286 gm
  • Elements:           8 in 7 groups
F3.5 Close Focus


F3.5 Bokeh
"Out House" Valhalla Vic


Rubbish day in our street

No comments: